A while back, I received Dr. Ci:Labo Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Moisture EX and I was excited to try a new product intended to be the "ultimate moisturizing gel."
Here's what Beautyhabit says about this moisturizing gel:
● "All-in-one" moisturizer that contains 6 functions; Toner, Emulsion, Beauty Essence, Cream, Facial Mask and Makeup Base. Helps create supple lustrous skin without any stickiness.
● Contains Dr.Ci:Labo’s original moisturizing ingredients, "Collagen HC Nano Capsule" which rapidly penetrates thoroughly into the skin.
● 120 kinds of beauty support ingredients (skin conditioning ingredients) which enhances your skin's natural beauty.
● Glycyrrhizic acid 2K helps balance your skin condition, and keeps skin healthy.
● No fragrance, no coloring, no mineral oils, paraben free, alcohol free, petroleum surfactant agent free.
As soon as I opened the box, I was immediately reminded of the Koh Gen Do Aqua Spa Moisture Gel, which I did not like because of the sticky texture it left on my skin. The packaging of Dr. Ci:Labo is exactly the same, right down to the plastic separator with the mini spatula for application.
Fortunately, this was not sticky in texture like the Koh Gen Do, though if you pile it on it does start to veer in that direction. If I apply a normal amount though, I seem to be fine, and I'm happy to say that this has provided some relief to my dehydrated skin. I like the light, yet hydrating texture of this, though I'm not sure someone with extremely dry skin or a preference for heavier textured creams would like this one.
I can't speak to the claims of this product being an "all in one," but I do find that I don't generally need to wear any other creams or things when I use this, and I don't have any issues with makeup while wearing this either. I can definitely see how this could work as a facial mask in terms of texture, but I haven't tested this for hydration. (I'm quite happy using my Rodial Dragon's Blood!)
I definitely think Dr. Ci:Labo Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Moisture EX will be handy for layering skincare this winter. You can find it at Beautyhabit (affiliate link) in two sizes. What do you think about this moisturizer? Is this something you would try?
Product provided for review.