I've been so busy this week, and also SO tired, that I haven't had much time to post or read your blogs. I'm going to catch up soon though! Over the last two days, I had some great experiences at the Burberry counter at Nordstrom. I ended up ordering a handful of items on presale with a great GWP. (SO EXCITED!) The Burberry counter at Nordstrom Valley Fair has a GWP with $150 purchase that include Pale Rose eyeshadow, a cute deluxe sample of Burberry Body, a concealer sampler card, and a mini brush. They also have a step up gift of a lip/cheek/highlighter cube when you spend $250. If your local counter doesn't have this offer, do give Laura a call at 408-248-2180. Trend show is on 9/15, so don't miss out on all the brand offerings, plus I believe triple points for Nordstrom cardholders starts on 9/12.
Anyway, one exciting highlight of this week was being nominated for the Liebster Award by Becca of The Beauty Sample! I will answer her questions, but at this point there are FAR too many blogs that I read regularly and love that it is too hard to choose just a few to nominate! (I love you all!!) Becca, thank you again for the recognition - I have had so much fun talking to you on our blogs! :)
1. What was the hardest thing about starting a blog for you? Prior to starting bronzer bunny, I had already started a fashion blog a few years ago. My biggest fear was the time and inspiration needed to keep a blog going! I also found Wordpress and all the technical things I wasn't familiar with (or had forgotten!) took me a little time to re-learn. But none of this was really hard in the end - I think keeping up on a daily basis with posting and the blogs I enjoy reading is harder! There's not enough time or energy in a day!
2. What’s your favorite thing about blogging? The engagement with other beauty lovers is definitely what I love!
3. Name one fashion or beauty trend that you have been loving lately. I really love that burgundy/oxblood color that has been popping up for fall. In general though, I love a natural dewy look with a defined eye. Overall my style is very much classic with an edgy twist - love the "model off duty" style that has been popular the last few years. I love basics with special details, drapey tops and skinny jeans/leggings...
4. If you had to choose just one brand to shop from for the rest of your life, which would you pick and why? Does Sephora count?? Haha. Sephora is definitely my favorite beauty retailer - love the choices and the Beauty Insider points! I suppose if I had to pick a specific brand, it would be either Burberry or Guerlain because of the quality and luxurious feel of their products.
5. If money weren’t an object, what beauty product would you purchase right now? I would buy Koh Gen Do Brightening Spa Moisture Mask - it really is amazing on my skin! And then I would buy everything on my wishlist... and then I would try La Mer skincare to see if it is really worth the price!
6. What is your number 1, can’t-live-without product? Why? Number 1 is skincare in general, because of how it impacts your look overall! I definitely can't live withoout a good lip balm like La Mer or Nuxe, and Nars Tinted Moisturizer is an everyday favorite.
7. Which makeup/beauty products do you compulsively buy? (aka: what is your beauty drug-of-choice?) Eyeshadows. A few years ago I was totally eye obsessed, so I always bought the liners and eyeshadows from the latest brands and collections. Now I really try to plan my purchases, but I suppose you could say I compulsively buy things from the drugstore, but those are usually on my list too!
8. What’s the most expensive product in your beauty arsenal? I think La Mer The Lip Balm is expensive for what it is ($50, eek!) but otherwise my two most expensive products are Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons bronzer and the Pucci bronzer from earlier this year! ($75 each)
9. How would you describe your beauty style? (i.e casual, subtle, bold, wild, etc.) I love makeup that looks fresh and neutral... and I love a good defined eye, smoky or otherwise. Since I fell in love with makeup, I also love to try the latest products, and I am definitely a collector!
10. Do you see yourself still blogging 5 years from now? How about 10? I would like to continue blogging for as long as I love what I am writing about. I think that my love for beauty will never go away, so I do hope to sustain blogging along with my personal life for the next 5 and 10 years! :)
Anyways, I'd love to hear any of your answers to these questions, and I'd love to know if you're grabbing anything from the Nordstrom beauty department in the upcoming trend show!